Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Post the First

I don't like blogs.

Specifically, I don't like the vast majority of people that keeps blogs. I don't care about what music you're listening to. I don't want to hear about seeing your ex-boyfriend and his new girlfriend at the mall next to Hot Topic. Get a diary, write in that, and shut the hell up. If you're really that fascinating, then get a publisher to commit actual physical resources, like paper, to your work.

There are exceptions to this: my irresponsible little sister (www.cfallon.blogspot.com), and the fictional characters from Achewood (www.achewood.com). Generally, though, I think most bloggers kind of sort of need to shut up.

I, however, don't have a choice. I have to keep a blog, to pass a class, to get my Master's, to become a librarian. I'm not a hypocrite; I'm a victim.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeannine -

My sister, who graduated some years ago from the same MLS program in which you're enrolled, was wondering what class is requiring you to keep a blog, and for what purpose? In other words, how is blogging related to being a librarian?

So she deputized me to ask, as you and I have a virtual acquaintance through the Jackdaw boards.

11:05 AM  
Blogger Courtney Frances Fallon said...

if you had to decribe me in one word, i am glad you chose irresponsible. it really puts me into perspective. i fucking love you.

1:55 PM  
Blogger LibRob said...

Actually, I love your "stupid" blog. Not only do I love your blog, I have been reading your updates every week. I think you may have done a better job at maintaining it than anyone else in the class. Your blog has pictures, links, regular updates, and interesting info. Not only that, you are a creative and humorous author, which gives your readers something to look forward to. Your honesty in your first post is refreshing, and I appreciate the candid way you approached the assignment. Now go drink (milk) to a job well done! _Robert

5:57 PM  
Blogger LibRob said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home